Tuesday 30 July 2013

Socks & Sandals

My opinion and how I style

The classic 'socks and sandals' combination is often mocked and a lot of the time rightly so! It is one of those things that is not really socially acceptable for anyone above the age of 5. However recently I think a fashionable approach has been taken, probably as a result of the geek chic trend that we have been seeing for a few years now and it has even been appearing on the catwalk...
A selection of photos that I think represent the best of socks and sandals


Don't get me wrong these kind of socks and sandals have never and will never look good...
 
images from http://www.sandalandsoxer.co.uk/home.htm.. you can waste some time on there
 

How I style

I have taken it upon myself to try and make it work so here is how I style socks and sandals in a way that is hopefully socially acceptable...
 

 
By using healed sandals I think you're instantly moving away from the stereo typical middle-aged man, which is a great start. I chose this nude pair from Asos and teamed them with some grey knee high socks from Topshop, I think the colours really complement each other and give a modern look. All I have teamed with my socks and sandals combo is this navy and white dress by Mina uk, I don't think you need any further accessories as the dress, socks and sandals are already making a quite a statement.
 
Thanks for reading!
Lucy xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment